Montana Office of Tourism
The Institute for Tourism and Recreation Research (ITTR) was created in 1987 to conduct research on travel, recreation, and tourism. Located in The University of Montana's School of Forestry and Conservation, ITRR serves as the research arm for Montana's tourism and recreation industry.
We encourage you to review the nonresident travel studies listed below and visit ITRR's web site for additional travel and recreation research information.
This is the sixth edition of the biennial report, The Economic Review of the Travel Industry in Montana. This review provides current and historical data of nonresident travel and tourism in Montana and offers the industry’s economic impacts to the state. (.pdf file)
- 2010 Nonresident Economic Impacts & Expenditures
- 2010 Quarter 1 Nonresident Expenditure Profiles
- 2010 Quarter 2 Nonresident Expenditure Profiles
- 2010 Quarter 3 Nonresident Expenditure Profiles
- 2010 Quarter 4 Nonresident Expenditure Profiles
- 2000-2010 Nonresident Expenditure Trends
- 2000-2010 Nonresident Visitation Trends
- 2010 Quarterly Travel Comparisons